Sunday, February 19, 2012

Japanese Honor and Culture

  This week in social studies we learn about Japanese honor and their culture, in Japanese culture suicide is a honorable thing. I don't mean like suiciding for no reason, I meant when for example in a war and you are losing its either you suicide or surrender. If you suicide its a honorable in that situation. Also for a Japanese samurai suiciding for his master because he did something wrong is also a honorable thing.

   I think this is very interesting to hear because it is a different culture from any other culture and how suicide is an honorable thing to do if your in situations. I also think that it is kind of weird to do so because if it's me I would surrender instead of killing myself because of my culture and also because I'm scared to do so. So this lesson I learn something pretty interesting in different culture.

http://www.2-clicks-swords.com/images/image/Japanese-samurai-and-his-swords.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment